VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

"VICUG-L: Visually Impaired Computer Users' Group List" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Sep 2003 17:40:33 -0400
Hi all,
Well folks, I'm trying to get sounds to play when events happen in windows.
I'm using JFW 4.51 in Windows 98SE.
This is what I've done and it's not working out.
I go to control pannel, then press enter to open it, then press s for sounds, then press enter
then I'm in the events list box and I down arrow to 6 which is exit windows
then tab down 1 time to the sounds I can use and arrow down to the tada which is 60 out of 78
then I tab down to ok
and press enter
then I went to shut down the computer and instead of getting tada, I get the musica sound for exiting windows so I'm getting the wrong sound.
Someone tell me step by step how to get a specific sound to work with a specific event in windows, ok?
Harry