ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Wed, 4 Feb 2004 11:07:20 -0600
Hey, Ronda's description of the difficulties she has with her mom's negative
behavior and my own thoughts it brought up about people around me put me in
mind of those god boxes or whatever they are called which people make and
sell.
If anyone has a better description of them, share because I don't think I
have ever seen one, just heard about them.
Someone came up with this great idea of building simple little wooden boxes
with slots in them just large enough to slip a piece of paper in.  There is
no door or opening to clean out the box, so you never get your notes back,
and I guess they put some sort of saying on the box.  But the general idea
is, this is a mailbox to god.
If you have a problem, you are just to write it down, stick it in the slot
on the box and let it go, because you have submitted it to god.
Gee, I need to get busy in the shop.  hahahahah Ronda and everybody?
Have you considered buying such a box for these negative people in your
lives?
I think it's a cool idea.

Matt

Marriage is a covenant, not a contractual relationship.
In a contractual relationship we demand our rights and limit our
responsibilities.
Where as, in a covenant relationship, we limit our rights and assume
responsibilities.