ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Wed, 7 Jan 2004 09:48:09 -0600
Well!
You just want your cake and eat it too don't you Paul?
hahahahahahahahahahahah
Just kidding.
I've heard those scarey stories too.
My grandmother died, more or less of starvation in this way by the familie's
choosing.
I wasn't sure if I agreed with it but maybe I didn't hear the whole storey.
With my mom, if you bring your concerns to her after the fact and say you
don't like how things went, or you don't agree with it she will tell you
that you got it all wrong and tell you a totally different storey if it is
necessary.
hahahahaha
So who know's.
The storey I heard from my mom at the time was that the doctors said that
they would be able to keep her "alive, indefenantly on machines and the like
and that the only thing we could do to keep from prolonging her suffering
was to remove the feeding tube.
She was in her 80's, maybe 84 and was living in a bed in a nursing home at
the time.
What is the alturnitive to a living will anyway?
I mean, if you can't comunicate and you haven't appointed anyone, what then?
Will they keep you alive on machines anyway, to fullfill the oath or
whatever?

Matt