ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Sun, 4 Jan 2004 17:41:03 -0600
Carol,

Praying for peace in this situation. I don't have a guide dog so not sure
of the hoops they require you to jump through. When I was checking out the
blindness adjustment school I went to, a lady walked  or rather rolled in
with a wheelchair swinging a cane, all by her self, and another guy I know
who was the hubby of one of the instructor's also attended college being
blind and no legs and used a wheelchair. I'm not guessing a wheelchair, but
I am suggesting that these people, less independent presumably than
yourself by natural or ignorant thinking, were able to carry on and you too
then ought be encouraged that you can always carry independence, perhaps
not just as you've known so far. I remember the husband of the instructor
when I first met him. I could still see fairly well yet but loosing sight
and when I met him he turned around to shake my hand or say "hi", he was in
his wheelchair and I was standing and he looked me straight in the eyes. I
naturally thought he could see something and mentioned in passing that fact
when talking with others. They corrected me and said he couldn't see a
thing. He lost his legs and sight in a farm accident involving a combine
and he'd jump off the couch using his arms as crutches and he'd swing his
way around the room for what ever he wanted. Made me feel like I had hope
as I was coming into blindness with unsureness of what to expect. He was
attending college and I believe finally graduated. Anyway, do not let the
fear of losing your independence get to you, you  can still have it.

Brad