From:
Valerie Wells <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 6 Oct 2003 09:59:11 -0700

I loved Tita's great summary.  It contained a lot of great information.
I especially identified with this:
"I started feeling better some hours after I stopped the probiotic, and
with each day I've felt better."
Isn't it amazing how much misery just a trace of gluten can bring some of
us?  It's like someone said on the list:  some of us are "exquisitely
sensitive" to gluten.  When I first went GF 2 1/2 years ago, I felt
amazingly better.  I was eating a whole food diet with nearly everything
prepared from "scratch."  As I got better & better,  braver & braver, I
started experimenting with GF baking, more processed foods, seasoned
salts, etc.  I started getting gradually worse & worse until I was sicker
than ever before.  So then it was "back to basics" and "back to the
kitchen" for me.  When my health again began to recover, now better than
I've been for many years, I realized that I could not be TOO careful in
my daily diet.  Now, I'm a pure food fanatic; an absolute gluten-Nazi!
Perhaps others can be more casual than I, but for me, for now, it's the
only way I survive!  I'm hoping that time will make me less sensitive as
some of the others.
         Thanks, Tita, for the great summary.  ~Valerie in Tacoma, WA

Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!