Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Kathleen Theisen-Remaud <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Nov 2003 19:22:08 -0500

Hi everyone,
i am new to this list...so bare with me.

At about 4:15 PM today, I suddenly had a gut-wrenching pain in my right
side in front, below the ribcage but above the waist.  I also had pain
in my back directly behind it.  It was so severe it nearly took my
breath away.   It hurt to breathe.  I felt better when I was standing
up.  Sitting down felt horrible!    I wasn't able to get home until
6:30 and I immediately went to the bed to lie down.   I found a
position where the pain seemed to subside and just stayed there for 3o
minutes.  I also drank some sprite.  Then I started to have really bad
burping and acid reflux sensation, like i was going to throw up.  Then
my intestines started gurgling, like I have had in a gluten reaction.
  Now, at 7:15, the pain has almost completely gone away. I don't have a
fever.

My husband freaked out and thought it was an appendix attack, but I
told him I thought it was from the food I ate for lunch at 1:30 PM.
(I tried Ortega taco shells for the first time.)

I have never had a reaction like this to gluten.  Usually my reactions
are within an hour of ingestion and I end up with severe diarrhea.  In
this instance, I haven't even had a bowel movement since this morning.

I have been GF since Sept 1, with only a couple instances of accidental
gluten ingestion.   however, the past two weeks has been filled with
weird stomach aches and flatulence and nausea.  I saw the doc yesterday
and she suspected parasites or systemic yeast infection.   They are
runing more tests for those things.

Has this sudden pain ever happened to any of you?   I really felt like
I was going to pass out!   But I am so afraid of hospitals that I don't
really want to go there tonight;  I am afraid that if I go, I won't
ever come out !  (too many drug allergies and latex allergy and food
allergies with compromised immune system.)

Thanks so much!

Kathleen