From:
Kelly LeMonds <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 8 Jan 2004 05:00:30 +0000

On the www.drphil.com website you can go to the section "Ask Robin".  Then there is a question already posted asking Robin how she stays in shape, and what about her diet regimen.  Here is her response:

Direct quote from www.drphil.com website:
START QUOTE
"I have to start by saying, when I was 31 years old, I was talking to my mother on the telephone. She said, 'I feel funny,' and I said, 'What do you mean?' and she was already dead.  She died right then, suddenly of a heart attack at 57 years old.
That day, I made a life decision that I would live the healthiest that I could for the rest of my life and be here as long as I could. So I am very adamant about exercise: I do a lot of cardio, I love running on the treadmill, and I lift weights. I also drink a lot of water."

About five years ago, Robin mentioned to her pharmacist that she was having trouble getting rid of a few pounds, even though she was eating healthy and exercising. "It's because of that poison you're holding in your hand," the pharmacist told her, referring to some candy she had. "I was a sugar addict, and he said sugar was like poison to a body."

She has since given up sugar and gluten, which is in bread, but since bread is a weakness for her, she continues to eat Ezekiel bread.

"She's pretty tough," Dr. Phil says. "I'm bald, and she looks good," he jokes.
END QUOTE

So it sounds like she is probably not Celiac, but just aware of what it can do to us, and the way it makes us feel.  I do agree that it may be a great avenue to get more awareness to the general public.  Please write to them, as I will too.

--
Sincerely,
Kelly LeMonds