THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Thu, 3 Mar 2005 13:14:20 EST
From:   Jennifer Day <[log in to unmask]>
Also, I am going for an echocardiogram today because I'm having shortness
of breath when I just walk around and try to talk.

I think Doc Don explained one time this wasn't unusual when starting thyroid
treatment.  Partly because you can do more physically, it tends to tire you
out and make you short of breath for a while.   So, this can be a termporary
problem only.

Other things can cause shortness of breath.  I can tell you aspirin or
ibuprofen interfere with thyroid meds.  It is known that aspirin can induce asthma,
whether that implies iboprofen can, I don't know.  Along with the Vioxx
scandal there are those in the FDA who say that none of the NSAIDS are safe.

One does not always fell better right away when changing thyroid meds.
Sometimes it feels quite terrible for a few days.

Skipper