Date:
Wed, 11 Feb 2004 11:43:53 -0500

Hey all
Thanks for tons of responses. I really appreciate it. ALSO, does anyone
have an INDIAN AND THAI Food card that they use? Those are really the
places I miss the most.

SEEMS many people make up their own version of a card, which is a great
idea.

Also people told me some websites to go to:

One is the Kinnick Kinick website yet I deleted it, DUH??? and don't know
the correct web address. (Helpful I know)

There were others that were great but they came as attachments as I cant
seem to get them to come through. I am so sorry.

Also see

gluten.net
glutenfree.com

or use a variation of your own like this::

Please give this card to the Chef
I have a SERIOUS FOOD ALLERGY (Celiac disease) requiring
A STRICTLY GLUTEN-FREE MEAL
No Flour, bread, pasta, malt vinegar, beer
wheat barley oat or additives - maltodextrin/MSG.
zpre-packaged condiments/sauces like soy sauce,
BBQ and mustards may contain dangerous gluten.
My food must not be contaminated by these things.
I CAN HAVE: meat, dairy, rice, corn/polenta,
potato and balsamic, cider, wine & rice vinegars.
House made - freshly prepared is safest.  THANK YOU!

Gluten Intolerance Restaurant Card

Please help me select items from your menu that are safe for me to eat. I
have Celiac Disease, which is a medically diagnosed disease, the only
treatment for which is a gluten-free diet. My body cannot tolerate any
gluten from wheat, oat, barley, rye, or spelt. Even a crumb from these
grains or flours can make me ill. Gluten is toxic to my intestines. Any
food prepared for me must not come in contact with other foods containing
gluten. Please do not put croutons on or near my salad, or bread crumbs on
my food. My food needs to be prepared with all clean utensils, pots and
pans. Thank you kindly.

I CANNOT EAT   I CAN EAT (SAFE FOODS)

Rice Pilaf, Mexican Rice Rice, plain (cooked in WATER only)
Bread, Breading, Pasta, Flour Potatoes, tapioca, corn, masa, fresh beans
Croutons, crackers  Plain boneless chicken, vegetables, fruit
Battered or stuffed items Grilled, broiled fish, on clean surface/in
foil
Modified food starch, natural flavoring Fresh herbs, onions, garlic, lemon,
oil
Sour cream, yogurt   Some butter and some cheeses are
safe
Commercial broths, soups, bouillon  Natural broth, (no flour, wheat,
starch)
Marinades that are pre-made  Balsamic vinegar, tomatoes, rice
vinegar
Most soy sauces    San-J Tamari, La Choy, or WHEAT
free soy
Foods dusted or coated in any flour  Milk, eggs (fresh eggs with
no batter added)
Oil that has been used to fry other foods Olive oil, canola oil,
peanut oil, sesame oil