From:
Redcat Adler <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Redcat Adler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Dec 2003 14:42:28 -0500

So here I am not worrying about MY FAVORITE RICE....for 9 months or
so...and on the box it says ...

"Packed in a plant that handles nuts and wheat products".

Have you all eaten Texamati brand rice....?? The only ingredient is rice...
If so, what are your feelings about this statement....? I mean I guess it
is telling us there could be cross contamination. Or does it mean they are
not using dedicated lines?

I would imagine a ton of food is made in places that also make
wheat/gluten products....does this mean one should never eat food that is
made in a place where gluten is also made....? That sounds insane...a
bit...BOOOOOO HOOO I was just getting ready to eat this.

Any help would be ideal. I generally don't worry about rice that I get
from a box or bag. I do usually check it, but this came as a SAD shock.

DO I NEED TO DUMP MY LOVELY TEXAMATI...

ALSO...I bought some WHOLE FOODS 365 Brand plain tofu....I looked on their
website and it does not list this tofu and GF. Obviously they dont list
every single thing all the time...but do you know if they left it off the
list for a reason? DOes anyone know if this is GF?????

Boy 9 months into this and I am still surprised. When i let my guard down
I get bitten in the ass...TEE HEEE. LOL

Thanks
REDCAT
Baltimore