From:
Caroleric <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Caroleric <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Jul 2004 21:51:34 +0100

Dear Listmates

I have just been told by Heinz in England that there is no difference between glucose syrup derived from wheat and glucose syrup derived from corn.  They said that the finished article is identical whatever it derives from and none of the original starch source is retained in the final product because of the refining process.

I am not sure about this.  Our Heinz beans over here have "gluten free" printed on the can but  eating them seems to upset my bowels which I am sure they didn't do before they added "glucose syrup" unnecessarily to this product.

Can anyone elaborate please?

Many thanks.

Carole