From:
Laura Niel <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Laura Niel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Feb 2004 20:43:46 -0500

Listmates,

Thanks for your help with this - this group is a great resource!

I had about 35 replies to my inquiry asking for suggestions on how to best
handle an out-of-town business dinner with people I don't know very well
where I wanted to minimize discussion of my health - see below for primary
suggestions and other comments.

Primary suggestions:

Handle with wheat allergy explanation - 17
Call ahead and talk to chef - 8
Handle with lo-carb or whole foods diet explanation - 5
Just explain about celiac - 5

Other suggestions/comments:

Bring your own food - popcorn, salad dressings, crackers, Omega Smart bars
Ask for a microwave in hotel room
Read the Against the Grain book
Suggest a gf restaurant
patronize goo
d restaurants
use a dining card

I'll let you know how it goes - if anyone has suggestions for a nice gf
restaurant in Indianapolis, please let me know.  Thanks!

Laura