Date:
Tue, 13 Apr 2004 10:11:21 -0700

I think self-help health/medical books are one of the best health care
bargains around.  For $15 to $25 I get to pick the brain of an
experienced physician, health practicioner, health enthusiast or patient
advocate for hours & hours, over & over again!  Compare that with the
price of a physician's office visit or a consultation with any type of
health practicioner, therapist, nutritionist, etc. and you'll see what I
mean.

I've personally benefitted to a great extent from these kinds of books.
Of course, not every little piece of information & advise in any one book
totally applies to me, but I've gained at least one useful piece of
information from each and every health/medical book I've ever read.  Each
piece of helpful knowledge has helped me along the journey towards better
health.  I read them sifting through information keeping & applying what
applies to me and discarding what doesn't.

Now I'm not suggesting anyone replace the care of qualified health care
providors with self help medical books, but I am suggesting that the
knowledge gleened from such books can be a very useful supplement to
their care and advise.  I believe knowledge is power and this power can
help heal you.

I'm posting this because I'd like to hear from you which books have been
the most helpful in your search for better health.  Please limit your
reponses to the best three self help medical books (or websites) you've
ever read.  Also, if you have the time, please include a sentence or two
that tells why this book was beneficial to you.  Your list of two or
three might include books written by physicians, chiropractors,
nutritionists, lay people sharing their own knowledge & experience with
healing, etc.  I'm also talking about cook books & recipe books, etc.
I'll summarize.

Valerie in Tacoma

Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!