VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Gordan Wahl <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Gordan Wahl <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 29 Nov 2003 22:40:01 -0800
Hi Albert,  Suicide is one way of not dealing with life.  I agree it is
a poor story subject, but suicide is usually committed by unstable
individuals with problems they cannot accept.  Unfortunately this story
gives age related blindness a bum rap.  It leaves out the millions of
people like myself who have continued to live productive and useful
lives.  At age 82 years I have lived with age related blindness and it
is a small price to pay for life abundant.  Suicide stories have been
around for as long as man has told stories.  I have no statistics to
prove it, but more suicides have been committed over the loss of: money,
property, loved ones, jobs, business failures, alcohol, drugs,
depression and the list will never end.  Just think how Shakespeare
could have been such a great story writer if his plays could not have
suicide as the ending of his dramas.
Gordon Wahl
###