From:
Vincent Winterling <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 Dec 2003 11:08:00 -0500
I'm having a most bewildering problem.

I have new machine that I have networked with 2 (and occassionally 3 other
pc's).

Each computer can see each other and all can ping one another. However,
despite having set shares for each folder on the machines I want to share,
even on my machine when I click on Network Places and browse the network, it
will show the folders that I have designated to share but they show as
empty. This is replicated on all machines on the network. Shares are
evident, but empty in terms of accessing them. I get an error message
indicating that the \\computer name is inaccessible.

Made a rule in sygate personal firewall to all traffic across the network as
well as allowing traffic through Network Places. This helped with pinging
but not overall accessibility.

Been through all the networking sites but can't seem to get this one figured
out.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards and Happy Holidays to all.

Vince