NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Daniel Twogood <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Apr 1997 14:55:40 -0700
Dale & Leslie Beachwood wrote:

> ....... I have now (in the last 3 months) taken the family largely
> off dairy products because I myself came down with what appears to be
> fibromyalgia, which went away when I stopped dairy.
>
> Although my son does not have any apparent symptoms of milk or soy allergy
> right now, I know from my own experience that over time my symptoms after
> ingesting dairy worsened, until I couldn't have so much as half a cheese
> sandwich or one slice of pizza without paying for it the next day.
>
> The connection between dairy and Type I diabetes also really bothered me, as
> both my brothers have the disease and I would do just about anything to save
> my children from the same fate.
>
> I guess I believe that despite apparent outward health, it's possible that
> these substances could be having a catastrophic effect on biological
> processes (like insulin production) that only become apparent when it's too
> late to do anything about it.  I was also severely formula-allergic as a
> child. I too looked like I "grew out of" milk allergy -- until I came down
> with fibromyalgia. Knowing what I know now, I'd recommend you consider the
> infant symptoms an early warning and make the changes for life.
>
>Leslie Beachwood has learned in her private experiences what took me years in practice and research. It's what I preach daily in my practice.
I have seen the fibromyalgia connection, also arthritis, headaches,
asthma, psoriasis, and many pain complexes to dairy and other substances.

There is absolutely no good reason for any human to consume dairy foods,
other than the great taste. Heroin feels good too, I'm told. I don't mean
to sound like some who have been kicked off the list. I just wanted to
comment on how astute Ms. Beachwood is, especially on a day when a 12
year old girl I was treating decided to quit after only one week. She
suffers with horrible headaches daily, she consumes milk (lots) and other
dairy daily. But her mom reports that it is just too difficult to give up
dairy foods. Leslie is giving up dairy before symptoms ensue, and I
applaud her.

Daniel A. Twogood, D.C.