VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ted Chittenden <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ted Chittenden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Oct 2005 19:51:53 -0700
Hi to all.

You people were right.  Thank you!  It turns out that Check-it 86 is a
pop-up blocker.  There is also a separate pop-up blocker on my Tools menu,
but apparently, Check-it 86 overrides that one.  I looked under the
program's About tab, and it says it's made by "Smith Micro Soft, Copyright
2002-2003."  I suppose this was the pop-up blocker my cousin was referring
to, and I presume this is the one made by Microsoft.

I verified that this one was my problem child by making the Radio-locator
site an exception.  I then brought up the program, and guess what!  The web
links it pointed to opened up.  For those who are interested (and I did
receive an E-mail from a lister who was), Check-it 86 was found under the
programs menu.

Thanks to all of you for you assistance.

Ted Chittenden