VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Steve Hoad <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Steve Hoad <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Sep 2005 07:00:53 -0400
I do know that most flat screens are usable and may be accessible.  The TVs
in hotels often, however, have an on screen menu system which isn't often
accessible (and could easily be with some talk to go with it.)

I just think that the time and place for accessibility is at the beginning,
and if entrepenurs are reminded of their obligations under law it helps.

I received a message about the fact that ATMs were invented long ago in 1969
and my point about that subject is this,
rural people will never have a loud voice.  We're spread too thin and are
isolated by the lack of public transit.  If folks in the city join their
voices with us early we can make the noise together and begin to move toward
solutions before installations begin.
The point about automation is well taken Tom, I feel the same and would much
rather interact with a person than a machine---people need jobs and we
should interact or we'll have no neighbors to work with in our communities.

posting from Emma's Family Farm
Windsor Maine;
Steve Hoad