VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Mary Blanton <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mary Blanton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Mar 2005 17:49:08 -0500
If you are using WiFi, you can encrypt the data as it is flying through the
air.  My husband works for a wholly owned subsidiary of NCR Corportation.
They have WiFi in the building and it is encrypted.  To make life FAR, FAR
easier for us moving our laptops from NCR, my shop and home, we have set the
WiFi at my shop and at home to use the same encryotion standard and key.
So, he can walk in the door here, boot up and keep right on working without
having to disable one connection and enabling another.  We also have so
hardwire networking here at my shop and it uses the same encryption.
--
Mary P. Blanton, Owner
The Needlework House