VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Lynn Evans <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lynn Evans <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Feb 2005 10:21:52 -0500
Hello listers:

Just a reminder of an event on the OPAL  site and a new your times article
on blogging.

Tuesday, March 1, 2005 beginning at 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, 7:00
Central, 6:00 Mountain, 5:00 Pacific, and 1:00 a.m. GMT:
Blogs
On Friday, December 31, 2004, ABC World News Tonight chose bloggers as one
of their people of the year. They profiled an 11-year-old video blogger and
mentioned the influence of bloggers on the presidential election. I have
maintained an audio blog since May 9, 2004 and shall discuss how I got
started, why I blog, and where my ideas come from. I shall also play a
sample of two of what I think were some of my best items. Come join me and
maybe you'll want to start your own blog. Facilitated by David Faucheux

Here is the link:
http://www.opal-online.org/progschrono.htm

TECHNOLOGY / CIRCUITS |   February 24, 2005
Basics:  Bloggers Add Moving Images to Their Musings
By SANDEEP JUNNARKAR
Software for creating and maintaining Web logs now offers tools for adding
audio, photos and video - and even updates by cellphone. A look at the
latest offerings.

Link to NYT article: (blogging on steroids smile)
:http://www.nytimes.com/2005/02/24/technology/circuits/24basi.html?ei=5070&en=b210ac940d035736&ex=1109912400&adxnnl=1&adxnnlx=1109343853-02chZcau7NjQfUm4Zzfbbg

I was reluctant to copy the article into my posting because the article is
rather lengthy. If you are interested feel free to email me off list and I
will mail you the article.