VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kelly Pierce <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kelly Pierce <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 23 Oct 2004 19:24:59 -0500
Another possibility is to organize locally.  it is fairly easy to sit in a
DC office and zap out e-mails demanding one thing or another in this
instance while on the take from the voting machine industry.  it is quite
another to develop local leaders, form chapters, and engage folks on the
local and sate level on your concerns.  Mothers Against Drunk Driving did
this and in about 20 years of focused effort, most of it on the local and
state levels, they saved the lives hundreds of thousands of lives and
completely changed our society's attitude on their issue.

Kelly