VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Aman Singer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Aman Singer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 9 Oct 2004 14:14:54 -0400
Hi.
        There are many types of Daisy books, ranging from text only Daisy to
audio only Daisy. The Daisy books that are provided by Bookshare only
contain text. The Victor Vibe only plays Daisy books that contain audio,
since it has no speech synthesizer. If you really need to read books from
Bookshare on the Vibe, try converting them to MP3 using Kurzweil or
Openbook, or try products like Text Aloud
        http://www.nextuptech.com
        The navigation will be more difficult than Daisy, but you can, at
least in Kurzweil, split the book up into MP3 chapters or sections.
        For more info on Daisy, including the specification for both text
and audio, try
        http://www.daisy.org
        Aman