VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Badih Zeinoun <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Badih Zeinoun <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Oct 2004 11:50:01 +0300
Good morning for you all listers!

I have two PCs one laptop and one desktop on which both of them have the
same copy of Windows XP home edition installed.  The avg 6.0 antiviral free
edition is installed on both of them and was working properly as well.
Needless to say that I update the avg weekly.  Last week I was obliged to
reinstall windows from scratch on my desktop and obviously reinstall all
other programmes.  Yesterday I was trying to install the avg 6.0 antiviral
free edition but after inserting the serial number, an error message
appeared and I was asked to send it to microsoft but I didn't since
microsoft never replies to such messages.  I tried to repeat the
installation several times but the same error message always appears.  In
fact I want to escape reinstalling windows so I'm thinking to delete the
temporary files which the setup.exe creates as this might solve the problem
but I don't know where they are located.  Could anyone tell me where do they
locate? or could anyone suggest another thing?  I installed another
programme after trying to reinstall the avg but never faced that error
message problem.  This programme never asks for a serial number.  Any
suggestions would be appreciated.

Best regards,

Badih Zeinoun