VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Judi Piscitello <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Judi Piscitello <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Oct 2004 14:57:50 -0400
Hi David,

I assume you're talking about the $30 tape measures from Independent
Living Aids.  Have you tried the ones from Sight Connection?  They have
a Low Vision Tactile Tape Measure (catalog #PLU-456USD) for $8.50.  It
has bold black numbers and marks, as well as easy-to-feel eyelets every
1/2", and double eyelets every foot.  Call (800)458-4888 or go to the
web site.
 The URL is http://www.sightconnection.com/plu-456.html

- Judi
>>> Breeze <[log in to unmask]> 10/01/04 02:34PM >>>
Sorry for the off-topic inquiry but, if anyone would know of resources
for
buying in particular braille tape measures, I would appreciate some
input.
        Like most things adaptive, tape measures that I've found are
in
the $30 range and come with a really jive plastic ruler extension that
break far to easily. I now own three broken ones and would like to
check
alternatives. I am told you cannot buy just the 39 cent plastic
extension.
        Help please! ... thanks

                        Breeze
David Burzese
HRIS Project Director
Administrative Computing and Information Services
Carnegie Mellon
Phone:  412-268-3862

You make a living by what you get
You make a life by what you give

[log in to unmask]  In the body of the message, simply
type