VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
George Zeinoun <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
George Zeinoun <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 17 Jul 2004 15:15:54 +0200
Hello all!
Now I edited the JFW.ini and directed it to use com7 and it worked. But I got another very serious problem instead. If I don't connect the combi braille to the Socket card, jaws starts with no speech at all, I saw that clearly with narrator and if I activate its menus to exit it maybe I manage to exit it but the machine locks up completely and reboots itself, and I get a error which is meaningless to read or even send to Microsoft. Hal works perfectly with this machine, I can connect a alva satellite through usb or the combi braille through serial port and hal recognizes which display is connected, and it starts with no braille display connected at all, but since I directed jaws to use com7 if no combi braille exists no jaws exists either.
We bought this guy a Toshiba Satellite A40 and gave him a Socket communications card that has dual serial ports, we get com6 and com7 from it and we cannot reassign them to com1 and com2 instead, there is no checkbox to disable auto configuration and I don't know how to make it easier for him, I have no problem having this machine myself because I have usb braille display, he has a combi braille. As I see it he is forced to use hal as he wants but according to jaws and window eyes he must run them both with speech only.
Any help please?

Thanks, George Zeinoun.