VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Diane Scalzi <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Diane Scalzi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Jan 2004 22:58:42 -0500
Hi Everyone,

I'm wondering if any of you have had experience using Napster 2.0 and/or
Centra with JFW.  I'm sure you all know what Napster is, so I won't insult
anyone's intelligence explaining it.  Centra is a web meeting/virtual
classroom program that delivers content via Power Point presentations and
other materials.  It is possible to text chat, converse, take surveys,
import material from the web and share it with the group.  I can carry out
the most basic operations without JAWS configurations, but I would like to
read the text from the Power Point slides and other displayed materials if
possible, and would like to know when another participant raises his hand or
has the microphone.  My employer is using this software to deliver training.

I welcome any suggestions anyone might have for improving access to both of
these programs as well as possible sources for script files and files with
labeled graphics.

Thank you in advance for your help.

73
Diane Scalzi/WI8K, SEMTN Manager