VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Tom Fowle <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tom Fowle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 11 Jan 2004 16:15:08 700
Sirs;
This is to object strongly to your definition as above.

Surely you are aware that although the unemployement rate among
"blind persons" is rather high, many are successfuly employed.

Not a few as college professors!

also, since you have taken the trouble to see that a google
search on this phrase comes up with yur site first, you could
have taken the slight additional trouble to see that your site
meets minimal accessibility standards for us unemployable
citizens with visual impairments.

see:
http://www.w3.org/wai/

for information about employment of blind persons, you might try
the American Foundation for the Blind

http://www.afb.org

I will not pass along a definition for you to copy, obviously
somebody there needs a lot of practice doing research!

This reminds me so much of modern "journalism" whenever I read
something in most modern mass media in a subject area in whichI
have particular knowledge, I am dismayed how wrong they so often
get things.  I am left making the assumption that they get it
wrong in other areas as well.

Is that the way you want people to see "wordnet"?

With wishes for in improved future for your site.

tom fowle
Totally blind
rehabilitation Engineer
Smith-Kettlewell Rehabilitation Engineering Center
San Francisco.

Net-Tamer V 1.13 Beta - Registered