From:
Peter Shkabara <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Dec 2003 07:43:14 -0800
Modern power supplies (all of the ones in computer now) are switching
supplies. This makes them more efficient, but they also need a load to
operate properly. You can buy a resistor with a connector for such purposes
- available from suppliers such as www.cyberguys.com for example. Once the
load is connected, you can measure the voltages on the leads. You should
have 5v, +12, and -12. I have been out of it for a while, so there may be
additional voltages on the ATX supplies. NEVER TEST A SUPPLY WITHOUT A LOAD
CONNECTED.

Peter
The NoSpin Group

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,