From:
City Monkey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Mar 2004 18:07:12 -0500
1. Why don't you want to eat pork?

The main reason is that I'm just sick of it. I don't really like it, I don't
even like bacon. I was just eating it because I felt that if I didn't then I
wouldn't be able to get enough calories to live. But I'd like to try and
move towards a diet that my gut instinct tells me is good. If I look at a
pig I have no desire to eat it. But a cow or a fish look tastier to me.

I try and look at the origination point of the foods I buy because when you
get them in the supermarket it's difficult to get any kind of idea as to
where it came from. For instance if you look at a donut covered in frosting
it might look yummy, but if you take a look at a field of wheat then you
realize that there is nothing appetizing about something that looks like a weed.

2. Also, have you considered paleo carbs such as yams, sweet potatoes etc.?

Nope I haven't, I assumed that those things were in the same category as
potatoes and non-paleo. I never cared much for them, but I'll definitely
give them another try, good idea.

3. That does seem like a lot of nuts to consume daily.

Ya, you should see the bill. I order them still in the shells from some
organic place. Often the nuts are stale or moldy, especially during Jan-Feb.
 But they are real high in calories, so they are my cheat food. I can skimp
some days and then before bed I realize I need another 400 calories, so I
can eat a bunch of nuts.

The easiest I find to eat are almonds. I blanch them, and put them in 1/2 a
cup of O.J. along with a Banana and maybe a Mango then blend it real good.
You can't even tell there are nuts in there since it's pretty smooth and
much easier to eat.

4. Have you investigated the option of eating very little during the day and
then one big meal at night?

Ya, I'd actually prefer to eat that way. I did that my entire childhood but
now I'm having health problems, mostly G.I. in nature. If I go for more than
2 or 3 hours without caloric intake then I seem to run into troubles. In
fact if I can get my health problems situated then I'd love to eat less than
2000 calories a day.

I really don't like to eat and it's just a chore to stay alive. My optimal
situation would be to go most of the day without eating much, maybe just
some fruit now and then and some juice, then have a steak with veggies for
supper, top it off with some more fruit and sleep. That'd be like 1400-1800
calories and would feel better than forcing yourself to eat all day.

As for the venison, duck, cornish hen, buffalo, and veal... I'll look but I
doubt I'll find much of that in a supermarket!

Thanks for the help