From:
Erik Haugan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Mar 2004 22:50:08 +0100
* City Monkey <[log in to unmask]>:
> Lately I've decided that I don't want to eat anymore pig. This becomes a
> problem because I don't like eggs/chicken/turkey, and fish is very
> low-calorie and you're not supposed to eat a lot of it everyday. Also I'm
> getting tired of eating so many nuts, 2-4oz a day just feels like too much.
>
> What other kinds of meats are there besides steak? I know of lamb, which I
> tried and wasn't particularly thrilled about. What else is there that I
> could replace the pork with? I need something that I can eat daily since I
> eat meat 3 meals a day.

I would suggest home made meat balls, sausages and stews, unless you
consider it "processed" as well.  The good thing is that you can use any
meat and add as much fat as you like, and at least for meat balls, you
can add eggs even if you don't like the taste of them alone.  You can
also make fish cakes, but then i guess you need to add some starch, and
I don't know how much fat you can put into them.

I have been making large batches of meatballs and frozen them down in
serving size bags.

I haven't tried to make sausages yet, but I'm planning to.  I hope that
I'll be able to use some liver without adding too much to the taste.
Eggs and liver are very nutritious, and it's hard to get enough of every
vitamin without them.

Depending on how paleo you want to be, you could consider cheese.  I eat
a lot of cheese.

I also find it hard to eat much nuts every day, especially when avoiding
the most omega-6 rich ones, but I haven't found any alternative source
of considerable amounts of magnesium.  Any ideas?

Erik