From:
City Monkey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Mar 2004 14:45:00 -0500
Hey,

I've been on a strict paleo diet for about a year, the only processed foods
I consume are juices. I'm trying to gain/maintain weight so I figure I need
at least 2600 calories to do so. The problem is that most of the fresh foods
are pretty low in calories, so I seem to focus on meat/fruits/nuts.

Below was my typical diet for quite some time, but it seems to change pretty
often.

Lately I've decided that I don't want to eat anymore pig. This becomes a
problem because I don't like eggs/chicken/turkey, and fish is very
low-calorie and you're not supposed to eat a lot of it everyday. Also I'm
getting tired of eating so many nuts, 2-4oz a day just feels like too much.

What other kinds of meats are there besides steak? I know of lamb, which I
tried and wasn't particularly thrilled about. What else is there that I
could replace the pork with? I need something that I can eat daily since I
eat meat 3 meals a day.

Also what other foods are high in calories that I should add to lessen the
amount of nuts I eat? I've recently been having an orange juice/avocado
smoothie everyday, which I figure is about 350 calories... but what else is
there?

Thanks

Meal 1
9:10am – 4oz Orange Juice,  1 Banana
9:45am – 6 slices Bacon or 3oz Steak/Pork

Meal 2
1:00pm – 6oz Fried Pork, 1 serving Vegetable (Green beans, pea pods,
spinach,etc.)

Meal 3
4:00pm – Smoothie (4oz Orange Juice, 1 Banana, 1oz Almonds)

Meal 4
6:00pm – 7oz Fried Steak, 1 serving Vegetable

Meal 5
9:00pm – Fruit (Apples, pears, bananas, mangos, nectarines, plums,
apricots), 1-2oz Nuts (Pecans, macadamia, walnuts)

Total Calories:
2300-2600