From:
Lynda Bryson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 24 Jan 2004 09:02:26 -0800
<< I have my doubts about the fluoride, but I do think
sealants work.  Sealants wear out, though, and are
only meant to protect you during your younger
years. >>

My son, who just turned 21 this week, had sealants
and fluroide treatments growing up as we live in a
semi-rural area and have well water.  He has no
cavities, as of his last dental visit in September. I
can't attribute it to his superior dental hygiene
habits (NOT!) or his healthful diet (God knows I
tried, although he's making better choices now), so I
have to credit the sealants/fluoride.

Very different from his father and I, who grew up in
the fifties and had cavities by the time we were his
age. Although my husband grew up in a rural area in
the mountains with well water, and I grew up in the
city, we both had the typical, awful teenaged diet of
too much soft drinks and junk food.  We both have
fillings in all of our back teeth.

Lynda Bryson