From:
Paul Sand <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Dec 2003 09:12:05 +0100
>From: Dori Zook <[log in to unmask]>
>To: [log in to unmask]
>Subject: Re: [P-F] Costs of the Paleo Diet
>Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2003 16:13:06 -0700
>
>>Care to take a guess?
>
>In the end, I don't think it's significantly higher than the standard
>Western diet.  Milk still costs more per gallon than gasoline and
>pre-packaged foods (BBQ 'tater chips, breakfast cereals, Twinkies, etc.)
>cost an arm and a leg!
>
>Dori Zook
>Denver, CO

Since I eat high fat moderate protein low to zero carbs my paleo eating is
much cheaper than Standard Western diet. Additional savings:
- no dental work for last 5-6 years
- no antacids, antibiotics, painkillers or other drugs for the same period
- energy savings (much less cooking - I eat at the moment more than 50% of
my food raw)
- no need to 'upgrade' my cloths size yearly ;)
- economy: me and my dog are eating basically the same food so nothing goes
to waste

plus I'm more productive at work so I can earn more.

Paul Sand