Ingrid Bauer/Jean-Claude Catry <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 11 Dec 2003 23:24:42 -0800
> Regarding DDT. It is my understanding that the use of DDT nearly drove the
> Bald Eagle extinct in the United States. The Bald eagle's decline
> coincided with the introduction of DDT and the species rebounded with its
> outlawed use in the Untited States (of course DDT wasn't the only threat
> to Bald Eagles).

also when he write this ,it shows that he is driven by emotions himself and
missinformed .

< I can tell you that the DDT ban has caused the deaths of tens of millions
of poor people, mostly children, whose deaths are directly attributable to a
callous, technologically advanced western society that promoted the new
cause of environmentalism by pushing a fantasy about a pesticide, and thus
irrevocably harmed the third world.>
if Ddt have been banned,  it is preciselly not in third world countries who
still use it abondantly . i have seen with my eyes childrens in short
spraying ddt on cashew trees.it have been banned in western countries but
not from selling it to third  world countries .

> Crichton of course won't find his utopia of objective reason and logic
> until humans are replaced by their machine counterparts. In the machine
> view of the world humans are actually obsolete or irrelevant.

this world is in progess !

jean-claude