Date:
Mon, 1 Dec 2003 19:58:10 -0500
On Mon, 2003-12-01 at 15:15, Eva Hedin wrote:

> Of course it is true that many of them died early

Not proven.

> - so would we do if we
> didn't have treatments against parasites and infections and childbirth

They probably didn't need such treatments. IMO

> ; just
> like people do in other countries.

Who eat neolithic diets. This proves nothing.

>  In Afganistan for instance life
> expectancy is 42 years.

>From eating neolithic diet, poverty religion politics war etc. etc.

>  The issue is, I think that they did not die from
> diseases inflicted by the food they ate.

Yes, I agree.

>  It stands to reason that if we
> believe that people ate meat from animals then it cannot be dangerous to eat
> saturated fat and if we believe that wild game was not very fat then it is
> very likely good not to eat to much of saturated fat.

Recent experience (less than 200 years) is that in the absence of diet
gurus/doctors/lawyers/preachers/teachers and of course mothers, men have
shot buffalo (american bison) and having eaten the choice parts, left
the lean for scavenging animals. Or ants.
I'm assuming the choice parts are the fatty ones, as we read that they
preferred the hump, and paleo man ate brains.
Those who have tried eating instinctively might confirm this.

William