NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Tammy Glaser <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Jan 1997 08:09:52 -0500
>Not sure what this means. Could you explain further? I'm 46 and about 4
>months ago it 'appears' I have developed food allergies. I've never
>before had any type of allergy and I strongly feel there must be an
>underlying cause. I've been broken out in hives for 4 months now and
>even if on Deltasone, I will still break out bad if I touch dairy.

I have several friends who did not believe their child had any allergies.
They took them off gluten/casein (for autism) and, to their amazement, some
of their children DID react when they got ahold of the offending food.  You
may have had this sensitivity for quite awhile, but showed no obvious sign
until your immune system weakened to a certain point.  Or, some other
incident in your life (like antibiotic treatment) could damage your
intestines, making them leaky (leaky gut syndrome) and causing you to
develop food sensitivities.