ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
carol pearson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
carol pearson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Nov 2003 14:11:41 -0000
Paul,

You may be interested to know that things work a little differently here to
the US.  Basically, here (because we have a National Health Service and
(hopefully) pay into it whilst at work, so get treatment free - at least
that's the theory), our GP's tend to have a little more say as to what you
have and what you do not.  They recommend the flu jab for everyone over
about 65 and those who have dibilatating chest problems etc.  I am allowed
to have it and have found it worth having over the past few years, though
once I did get quite sick having had it.

The doctors here reckon that younger people really don't need it as they can
fight it and should do.  (I know that's probably disputed in the States but
thought you may be interested in another slant before making up your mind).

Hope this may help.

After all, we don't want that Lion sick, because we all know what happens
when he gets ill!

--
Carol