ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 11 Jan 2004 13:23:47 -0700
As you wish, Paul, though I never have once said they were evil or even
wrong.  If they are not able to take the person to where the source of their
woundedness is, even if they are quote Christian therapists, unquote, then
they are not helping the person find the truth.  I have friends who are
psychologists and Christians so how could I make a blanket statement that
they are all evil.  Ask everyone with whom I pray if I ever once have asked,
or suggested, or told them to stop seeing their therapist or recommended
they stop taking their prescriptions.  Substituting the God element with
worldly philosophy is not Godly.  Living by any other words than God's
creates additional problems we were never meant to suffer.  I wonder how you
might feel, Paul, if the Lord healed you of your worst fears.  Perhaps you
would see it differently?  I know I am repeating myself but I have never
called any such trained professionals evil or wicked or even wrong.  Some of
their methods are less than Biblical, however, and that's my point.  The
only reason we recommend the quote professionals, unquote is because we
think God has left us without enough tools in His Holy Word to do the job.
That is sad to me because I've discovered, even for my own life, He can do
more, much more.  Finally, I have never once suggested that anyone seeing a
therapist of any kind forget everything they were told or taught, as in,
pulling the rug out from under them.  All I do is pray, Paul.  If the Lord
heals them, and He does every time, those things they were taught by the
professionals are no longer needed because the Word of God supercedes all
man made philosophy.  Again, if you think I believe otherwise my brother,
call every single person with whom I pray and ask them what I tell them.

Phil.