ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Tue, 30 Dec 2003 09:53:54 -0600
Terri was induced and she had no problems with it.
Katherine was trunkated in her cord and this caused her heart rate to
fluctuate so they ended up having to do a section in the end.  That is the
only thing which really upset Terri.  She wanted to have a vaginal birth.
Also, we had my mother-in-law and Terri's new found sister there which was a
blessing and a curse.  It was a blessing because they could read the
monitors and they could run for me during the time I was trapped at the
hospital and when it was decided that the section had to be done, everything
went so fast, and we were moved out of the room we were in, forgetting the
kit we had brought for Kate's stem cells.  Terri's mother and sister came in
handy then because they went back and dug through the trash until they found
it and we were able to harvest the cells after all.
The only glitch was in that we did not get to completely have the experience
alone without problems from others.
After all was over, Terri's sister, who seems to need extra attention
complained that Terri's doctor didn't tell us the truth about Terri's
condition during all of it.
She claimed that Terri's bloodpresure was dropping and that is why they
rushed the c section.  This was just extra stress on us at a time we didn't
need it and we had to discuss it with the doctor and opologize for the
sister and all of that.
It was a very emotional few days for us and would have been better if we
didn't have an extra person their manipulating to get attention for herself.
Terri did not mind the drugs put in the i v at all and the only bad part
about the induction was that last little piece of the epedural going in.
There comes a point at the end where you evidently get a real strange
feeling which makes you tingle down to your toes.
The epedural allowed Terri to last the 18 hours plus before they did the c
section and when it was decided, quickly that we had to have that, they just
cranked up the epedural and did it.
No extra fumbling around to put her out more or anything.
Do you have problems with the petossine or however you spell that drug they
give to bring on contractions?

Matt