ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sun, 28 Dec 2003 17:32:57 -0500
Hey, Family

I just made a cooking discovery that might help some of you, too.  I have
always gotten frustrated because by the time I finish cooking one thing,
something else has gotten cold.  By the time I put the whole meal together
I've got to reheat everything in the microwave.  My dishware was Corelle
which is supposedly indestructible plastic, but I managed to break it.

Anyway, a friend gave me a set of Pfaltzgraff stoneware (ceramic china) for
Christmas.  The neat thing about ceramic is that you can put it into the
oven.  I just cooked pork chops (on a baking sheet) and thought one of them
was a bit underdone so I put the dish back into the still warm oven.  Not
only did it finish cooking the pork chop (which was really fully cooked
anyway, I later realized) a little more but kept it nice and warm for 20
minutes when I had to answer the phone.

So if you have that same kind of problem you should try using stoneware
(ceramic china).  Some warnings, though, be sure to use mitts when taking
the plate out of the oven.  The same thing that makes it work to keep the
food warm means the plate will be hot when you take it out.  Also, they warn
you not to put the hot plate on a wet surface or the plate may crack.

Warm belly Lion