ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Tue, 23 Dec 2003 08:42:25 -0500
There is no real answer, Lelia, about America the continent.  Of course, the
Mormons or Latter Day Saints will tell you that we (that is, America,
specifically the Native Americans or Indians as we called them in the
Cowboys and Indians days) are mentioned as the "other sheep" JESUS mentions
when He says "I have other sheep who are not of this flock." (John 10:16).
But that is a real stretch.  Bottom line, nobody knows though there is a lot
of conjecture about it.  But you know what?  We may not be mentioned as a
country, but we are mentioned as individuals.  "For GOD so loved the world
that He gave His Only Begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should
not perish, but have everlasting Life."  That's good enough for me!  Smile.

Paul