ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
List Techie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Dec 2003 09:35:13 -0500
Hi, Rhonda - praying for you, Sis!  And, as a former PA resident,
I got pretty familiar with the PennDOT site, so I looked around a
bit there, myself.  There's a PDF file of the Young Driver's Brochure,
which you may not be able to access.  In there, it says:  "Supervising
adult for permit holder must be at least 21: An experienced, licensed
driver aged 21 or older must accompany the young driver at all times."

Also, PA law says you have 20 days to re-register your car after moving
to the state, and 60 days to get a PA license.  If Ben didn't do these
things, you could have other problems;  I know someone who didn't transfer
his license and registration when he moved to NJ, and ended up being
investigated for insurance fraud.  (This happened when he was involved
in an accident.  Even though it wasn't his fault, his insurance company
questioned why he was in NJ, and almost didn't cover him.)  If Ben's
license and the car have been switched to PA, Christa's permit may not
be valid.  (Actually, it may not be, anyway, since you're now technically
PA residents, and it was issued in another state.  Plus, she's too young to
get a PA learner's permit.  But, if the car is still registered in Georgia,
the police officer probably didn't realize you're PA residents.)  In any
event, please be very careful.  If there are other means you can use to
get to the hospital, please use them.

One other thing to consider is that, if Christa is driving without a
licensed driver in the car, and gets in an accident (God forbid!), your
insurance might not cover her, since she'd be driving illegally.  In that
case, you could lose everything to a lawsuit, if someone is seriously
injured.  That would make the cost of alternate transportation seem like
nothing in comparison.  So again, please don't take any chances!

God bless,
Roberta