ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Chris Gilland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Dec 2003 18:28:51 -0500
phil:  Found the problem!

You have a </LI> tag at the end of your unordered list.  Why did you do
that?

That is probably the problem.  When you're doing a bulleted unordered list,
you don't have to end the list.  the <LI> (list tag) is not a switch tag.
It's only a 1 way.  in other words here is the correct syntax:

<P>here is a bulleted list</P>
<P><UL>
<LI>This is the first bullet.
<LI>This is the second bullet.
<LI>This is the third.
<LI>And so on.
</UL></P>

See?  You don't end with a less slash l i.  That isn't proper HTML.  Trust
me:  I am a web designer for a company and being paid for it too...  I
should know.

So, try taking out that slash l i tag, and let me know then, if she can see
it...  Your html looks flawless other than this, and if you are doing this
in notepad straight from scratch, then, wait! ago!  You! are doing
commendable!

HTML's a hard thing to learn!  It's not, but yet, it is.  Don't let it
discourage ya bro:  Take it one step at a time.  You have my e-mail, and my
number both...  Keep in mind, that I do this as a job, so thus i'm not gonna
be available always, but where I can, I'll be happy to work with you on it,
if you'd like...  just don't talk to me about java script!  LOL!  That's!
where I draw the line.  Heheheheh.

i usually just find a script for what I need, then copy, paste, and modify
it accordingly.

Anyway, I sincerely hope that this helps.  Your link did show up for me, but
that doesn't mean that the html is right necessarily.    That's one thing
about html, vs. programming in a whole that makes html real hard:  You can
get what are known as syntaxtual errors, yes, which are very similar to
programming in that the code is not written correctly.  Where it differs
greatly, however, is that it's kind a like taking a syntaxtual error and a
symantic error and combining them.  Um:  by this, I basicly mean, let's take
your example here with that l i tag.  The link red just fine, for me, and
probbly would even have worked had I went to it...  so, it isn't like it's
producing falt in the page, it's just that the code isn't written properly
which in term, could! in rare cases: cause undesirable results, maybe not
for everyone but for some depending, A:  on how their browser is configured,
B:  if there browser supports what you are trying to accomplish, or even C:
if for that matter:  there opporating system supports it...  A good example
of the most latter is Java script under the text terminal console of Linux.
Or really unix in a whole:  if a person is using either linx:  L, Y, n, x:
or Links:  L, i! n, k, s:  then java script will not work.  i think Mozilla
will do it in the gnome desktop environment but that's off topic and we're
not discussing java script to begin with so, i'll leave that to your
thinkings.  LOL!

Take care:

Love you in Christ.

Chris.