ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Thu, 18 Dec 2003 16:50:37 -0600
Carol,

I agree there is no perfect church, and the thought of hopping to another
is not at all what I'd like. I very strongly feel rather than leave a
church you do not care for how it is operating or whatever, do what you
can, within reason of course, to avail yourself to allow you to be  a part
of making it better. In other words, don't just bale out but pitch in. As
they say, if you find a perfect church, don't join, you'll ruin it lol. I
know I can't reproduce the church in Texas, I know people worship
differently in different churches in different parts of the country even
perhaps, I know it is not my job to judge or change or criticize the way
the church is run or where it is headed, it is not my church to run.  But
at the same time I am having some difficulty calling it my church, taking
any kind of ownership of it's purpose, because  other than the obvious, I
don't see it, nor has it been relayed.  I'm use to the mentality of, if you
have an idea for a ministry or project or activity, if it is your idea, it
is your baby. Don't just suggest something but get involved in doing it. It
is not quite so here, it is not welcoming to do that. It is something to
pray about for sure. Church hopping after getting involved in  a ministry
is not right in my eyes, as I commit to helping with it whole heartedly and
I feel like I"m going back on a promise. If the rules of the game have
changed after my commitment, that might be something else, but if I just
didn't like the rules after not reading them and fining out, then it is my
err and not sure how to correct it. I've been in this position once up
here, because I wanted to help and they needed the help. Same here, sort
of, I volunteered despite they had pickers and singers. Anyway. My wife and
I plan to supplement our church here with regular taped sermons from pastor
Ron at COTR and using them as a mid-week service which we do not have here.
I really really miss the wisdom of my pastor in Texas. I knew he had it
when I was there, and knew I'd miss it, but it is showing in my growth
spiritually to help bring out daily application. I know it is not up to any
other man to lead me spiritually like a puppy down a sidewalk, but I do
regard the wisdom he carries of daily application. His ideals and values
are very similar to mine and I find his words very valuable. In fact I plan
to begin again transposing his messges and sending to him via the net. He
doesn't know it yet, but he hopefully will find it useful. This is what I
did when I was down there. He hired me to do this for a few series, and
technically I owe him a few hours, but he will get more than that, and I
will get the messages driven in good from transposing them too so win win.

Brad

Brad