ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
carol pearson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
carol pearson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 14 Dec 2003 05:51:30 -0000
Hi All,

Having read these encouragements about Christmas, especially just reading
Roberta's encouragements to Rhonda, I thought I'd share briefly.

I have not been looking forward to Christmas at all because this will be the
first year (in 53) that I will not have any direct contact with my immediate
family.  Dad died last February (as you may all remember) and my brother and
sister are going to do their own things in their own way.  I can sure use
some prayer here because I need to rejoice in all the right things of
Christmas so that I can reach out to those I seek to help on a "Lifeline".
Many are very sad indeed and hate Christmas and I know I'll get plenty of
those calls on my various shifts.

God has blessed me so much over the years and has been there for me and with
me in some pretty bleak Christmases.  Now I need to be there for others and
need your prayers because I myself don't really have much to give - yet.

Christmas sort of starts this afternoon for us.  We're going to an old
people's home to take a little service.  Most of them can't even communicate
in sentences any more, but some obviously respond to us and know us.  They
need to know Jesus too, so we need the love and power that He has available
to us to get through to them simply and clearly.  Please pray for that
little meeting with them if you can.  I will really be so grateful for
myself but, above all, you may well help us to show someone the way to Jesus
today!

--
Carol