ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sun, 7 Dec 2003 22:53:52 -0600
I do not recall hearing any specific teaching on this. I did look up in a
few commentaries but they did not address the seed issue. I do enjoy
commentaries for expansion of meditating on the Word, but even they can be
one sided. For example they said that the seed of the woman would, when
translated, quote, crush the head of the seed of the serpent, and the seed
of the serpent would only bruise his heel. When I looked up the verse word
by word in Strong's Greek/Hebrew dictionary, the two words for bruise his
and bruise her are identical. In fact there is no definite distinction
between  the two seeds and it would basically read...

Gen 3:15
15 And I will put enmity Between you and the woman,
And between seed and seed;

Makes one wish he knew Greek and Hebrew to get by all the translation
differences eh.

But not knowing Greek or Hebrew, I still know that the scripture refers to
Children of God, those with hearts pointed toward him and in covenant
relationship with him, and those who are children of the serpent, those who
refuse to take that covenant. There is no gray area as many would like to
believe, it is either black or white, you are Sons of God or you
aren't.  This is why Jesus warned us against luke warm Christianity so to
speak. We'll wind up saying Lord, Lord, have we not done all these things
in your name? And him saying "go away from me, I never knew you". Knowing
someone refers to intimacy as much or even more than husband and wife.
Brad