ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
carol pearson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
carol pearson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 7 Dec 2003 11:22:32 -0000
Sorry, I managed to send this directly to Rhonda first but meant it for all!

Good thread this!

Just recently I had a few days when I really was being attacked and didn't
hear God.  I read and there was nothing.  I tried to pray, looked for Him
and He seemed not there.  (We've all had those experiences, I'm sure!)

It made me realise afresh that I just could not now perceive the idea of not
being able to hear Him.  How would I know what He wanted or when I should
turn in another direction?

Like Phil, I usually hear Him in my mind but sometimes audibly too.

I remember one day in my early twenties, travelling home on a bus from work,
when suddenly I became very aware of God speaking directly into my mind.  He
told me to get off the bus at a friend's stop, which came about four stops
before my own.  I had had no intention of visiting her.  I obeyed and
realised there was some urgency in this.  As I rang her doorbell I heard her
call frantically from inside, then she was at the door.  "Help me," she
said, "my chip pan is on fire!"

Now, some weeks previously I had been helping my friend to cook and she'd
really wanted to make proper chips (I'm talking about the larger steak fries
type, not French fries, for any of you who may be confused - as well you
might be as most of you don't live in England.)  I had warned her of the
dangers of the then open chip pan (no deep fat friers in our homes in those
days) and said she really mustn't try them again without my being there and
that, anyway, she must never leave the pan unattended as a totally blind
person.  Well, yes, the pan was on fire!

God enabled me to help her and to recount my story of how I got off the bus
at His bidding.  She was not a Christian but that story certainly impressed
her that day!

--
Carol