ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kathy Du Bois <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Nov 2003 15:19:50 -0500
Hi Carol,
You had asked in an earlier post what the traditional Thanksgiving dinner
is over here in America and I haven’t seen any other answers so I guess
I’ll step up to the plate, so to speak. The dinner varies a bit depending
upon where you live. For example, in the north east, where I live now,
they will add lobster and in the midwest where I used to live, there
would be vennison, that’s deer meat, added, but the basic meal kind of
goes like this. I think that Matt would use his cheese log as an
appetizer, but the main meal is turkey, because it was plentiful in the
new world, stuffing, cranberry sauce, probbly because cranberries too,
were so abundant in Massachusetts, and then the vegetables are the ones
that you think of most commonly in the fall, squash, turnips, (yuck
personally), mashed potatoes, corn and then pumpkin something, usually
pie for dessert. Oh Yah, along with the stuffing, there are all kinds of
breads and I will be serving rice pudding tomorrow as a throw back to my
Swedish heretage. Some people also make a green bean caserole, but I’ll
probably be serving them straight because I won’t have any room in my
oven..
After eating, most people can hardly move so you lay on the couch and
watch football, fortunately, my favorite team is playing tomorrow. Then,
somehow you have to muster the strength to clean up the kitchen, make a
soup or stew out of the turkey bones and find a clever way to put all the
left overs into the fridge.
Enjoy, and happy thanksgiving to you across the pond as well.
In Him,
Kathy

Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!