C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Michael Collis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Nov 2003 16:02:02 -0500
Gary,
The only way to get respect is to earn it.  I haven't seen anything from
  Jackson deserving of respect in a long time.  I respect African
American men, Malcolm X, Michael Jordan, Eddie Murphy, George Washington
Carver, Booker T. Wadhington, Martin L.King, Morgan Freeman  Denzel
Washington, Wesley Snipes, Colin Powell, and Douglas Wilder are all
examples of men, African American men, I respect.

I expect most Americans have the same feelings about Scott Peterson as
they do for Michael Jackson, and he is Caucasian American.  Why is it
that 65% of prisoners in the penal sysatem are African American? I can
give some hints, but you aren't going to like them.  Lack of role
models, lack of a father, lack of history, and lack of a sense of
responsibility have all contributed to this.  Why is it that you are not
behind bars?  Most crime on African Americans are caused by African
Americans. Why?  I think there's more to this than simple prejudice.
That doesn't mean I'm letting Caucasians off the hook, but think there's
much more to it than that.