BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Bruce Marcham <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Easy bent lead pipe.
Date:
Sat, 17 Jul 2004 18:45:03 -0400
I recently heard bulls can be so dangerous they aren't allowed to be out in a field here in CNY.  I was told they have to be kept in a barn or in some similar enclosure (more than an electric fence or common fenced-in farm yard.  I heard this while beig told of the East Homer or Truxton fire department responding to a fire at a farm (not from city slickers in other words).  They responded at 5 AM to a homeowner saying they were hearing "crackling noises" but on inspection couldn't find any real problems in the house (a little suspect wiring but nothing arcing).  One of the volunteer fire guys remarked that they had a particularly nice barn and noticed a bull in the barnyard.  A couple of hours later they were back to try to save the house from the barn which was a total loss (they saved the house).  Not sure if they had roast beef for lunch...

Bruce in the wilds of CNY

P.S.  Ken, are you coming up for "The "Big 50 Party" next weekend?  It's on Sunday out East Homer way (east of Cortland and Homer, NY, on NYS Rte. 13), up Forbes Road about 1/4 mile on the right.  I suspect it is pretty safe (and perhaps a little rude) to extend a belated invite to all BPers at this late date.  Bring musical instruments, especially electrified ones, if you're going to be up this way and we can all make fools of ourselves musically...